If you head online then you will find absolutely HUNDREDS of different methods for being successful as an affiliate marketer. To be honest with you though, the vast majority of them do not work. This is because they try to ‘over complicate’ the process in a bid to be slightly more different from everybody else (as uniqueness is obviously going to bring in the sales!). On this page I want to talk to you about a rather basic method of affiliate marketing. Far more basic than anything else you may have seen online. However, almost EVERY way to make money with affiliate marketing out there boils down to what I am going to cover on this page. Are you ready?
1. The first stage is to find a product that you wish to market. There are plenty of ways in which you can go about this. I suggest you attempt to find a product that you are genuinely interested in. This will make the following stages a WHOLE lot easier.
2. The next step is to build a website. This will mean purchasing a domain and hosting. I suggest that you install WordPress as the main platform for your website as it is going to be VERY easy to use.
3. Got that up and running? Brilliant! Now you need to start filling up your website with content. You will want the content to broadly relate to the product that you are trying to promote. For example; if you are marketing a product which relates to how to beat acne naturally then you will want to put plenty of articles on your site about how you can deal with acne. Do not focus on keywords so much here. Just write content. I suggest that you have about thirty articles to begin with. This will allow you to post one a day for a month without too much trouble. If you post every two days then you will obviously have 2 months of content ready to go. If you are struggling for ideas on content to produce then a Google search will be suffice.
4. The next step is to have a way to sign up to your email marketing list on your website. The key to promoting as an affiliate is to NOT push the product that you are trying to sell onto a person straight away. This will scare them off. Your main aim is to ‘nurture’ somebody. You will want to build up their trust by emailing them on a regular basis with top hints and tips. Eventually you will be able to hit them with your offer. If you have built up a good reputation then you will most likely make a sale. There is plenty of information online about how you can build up your own autoresponder series so I do suggest you take a look at one of the thousands of articles out there.
5. Whilst all this is going on, you are going to want to be marketing your website A LOT in a bid to draw visitors to your site. Obviously SEO is going to be a main priority here. You will also wish to utilize social media, post on forums, answer questions on Yahoo answers, use Reddit etc. Basically you will want to do everything that you can to get people to notice you. If you can do this then you will find that the sales will start to trickle in.
This is a VERY basic plan with regards to the right way in which to make money using affiliate marketing. That was my intention though. I wanted to show you that making money online is not all that difficult. You just need to know what you are doing. Follow the steps highlighted above (you may wish to carry out a bit more research into the various techniques) and that money will start to come in.