Welcome back to another marketing weekly roundup where I share the latest top sales and marketing blog posts, SEO tips, email marketing, social media marketing, and resources I’ve recently found online.
Let’s get into today’s marketing roundup:
1. How To Start An eCommerce Business
It’s never been easier to start an eCommerce business – from conception to take off in less than a week. You may list all your items on an online marketplace like Amazon or Etsy, or you could host products on your own eCommerce site using Shopify or Squarespace. This 6-step process will help you do everything from finding your target market to identifying the right products to launching your online store.
1. Choose Your Target Market First
2. Find the Right Product
3. Source Your Product
4. Brand Your Ecommerce Business
5. Launch Your Online Store
6. Market Your Ecommerce Business
2. How to Identify Whether Your Increased Traffic Is Spam
Your traffic has spiked! Before you celebrate, it’s good to make sure that lift is in fact genuine users visiting the site, and not spam. Take 10 minutes to follow this checklist and determine whether or not increased traffic is, in fact, just spam.
3. 15 Social Media Content Ideas to Increase Engagement
Social media marketing is only effective if you can actually get customers to engage with your content. Find out what type of social media content ideas that can help you increase engagement and how to kickstart conversations or increase likes if your audience isn’t especially active.
1. Do a daily, weekly, or monthly series of postings
2. Hold a competition or a giveaway
3. Host an AMA (Ask Me Anything)
4. Engage in a social media takeover
5. Regram, retweet, and share
6. Make video segments that are bite-sized
7. Use your content in new ways
8. Partnership with a different company
9. Create tutorials
10. Going live
11. Interact with your followers
12. Take a look behind the scenes
13. Invite your followers to tag a buddy in your post
14. Make the most of trending subjects
15. Talk about a significant achievement
4. The Ultimate Small Business Guide to Marketing on TikTok
Video-based social network TikTok has exploded in popularity, especially for Gen-Z and Millennials. If your business needs to reach a younger audience, you should figure out how to use TikTok to reach them. Here’s everything you need to know about marketing on TikTok.
5. 5 SEO Hacks to Get High Rankings Today
SEO is one of the top strategies for improving online business reach. In this guide, you’ll learn 5 SEO hacks you can do in 10m or less (per each hack). Each of these hacks will significantly improve your rankings pretty much as soon as Google recrawls your site.
1. Use an HTML Sitemap to Funnel Authority Across the Entire Site
2. Internal Linking on Steroids
3. Content Updates on Steroids
4. Home to Home Links
5. Make Google Trust You More
6. Online Advertising for Business: Creating the Perfect Plan That Gets the Customers You Want
If you want to grow your business, online advertising should be the first place you start. Even the smallest brands can compete on the same platform as multinationals if they have the right knowledge, ad creatives, and targeting. In this guide, you’ll learn why online advertising is so beneficial and the best online advertising channels to use.
7. 7 Email Marketing Tips For Start-Ups
For start-ups, email marketing can seem a little daunting in terms of design, content, and strategy. Many choose to get support from an email marketing company or agency – but perhaps you want to make some headway on your own. Here are a few top tips on how to leverage email marketing as a start-up.
1. Add a personal touch to your emails
2. Always include user-generated content
3. Be concise and to the point
4. Write catchy subject lines
5. Boost engagement with interactive emails
6. Optimize your email strategy
7. Remember to include images
8. Email Marketing Trends In 2022: Examining Design, Privacy And Process
Email is the channel that continues to deliver, with CRM teams proving their worth over the course of the pandemic. Being able to harness ever more sophisticated email content can lead to more engagement – which also means better deliverability, conversions, and a stronger community for your brand. Here is a list of the key email marketing trends to watch for 2022.
9. 16 Go-To Agency Tactics For Increasing Site Engagement And Conversions
Increasing customer engagement can give your business a head start on achieving the end goal of turning website traffic into sales. It can be easier to lead prospects through your sales and marketing funnel if you first draw their interest with some element on your website. Forbes Agency Council members share their go-to tactics for boosting engagement with prospects and customers.
1. Make It About The Prospect
2. Use Interactive Platforms
3. Leverage Real-Time Social Proof
4. Make It Easy To Check Out
5. Include Video On Your Homepage
6. Utilize Paid Retargeting Ads
7. Invest In First-Party Data And Tracking Alternatives
8. Tailor Content To Specific Platforms
9. Give Users Personalized Service Or Information
10. Optimize Your Sales Copy
11. Send Push Notifications
12. Reward Enthusiastic Customers
13. Offer Seasonal ‘Holideals’
14. Pair Content With Consistent CTAs
15. Put Live Chat Functions Up Front
16. Offer Chances To Win Prizes Or Discounts
10. What is Digital Marketing? Everything You Need to Know
Marketing refers to the practice of identifying and satisfying the needs of your current and prospective customers. Successful advertising can drive leads into a large customer base, which, in turn, will help you generate more sales and revenue. In this comprehensive guide on digital marketing, you’ll learn all the basics of digital marketing – such as its different types and how to use each channel effectively.
11. 5 Website Content Planning Mistakes Every Digital Marketer Should Avoid
Some digital marketers make mistakes during the implementation of a marketing strategy. Here are some of the common mistakes made by digital marketers.
1. Not Updating Content
2. Using The Wrong Fonts
3. Not Considering SEO
4. Misunderstanding Your Audience
5. Writing Content That Is Too Long
12. Small Business Marketing 101: Getting Started
Developing a small business marketing strategy doesn’t require a background or career in marketing. Plus, it can be both straightforward and affordable. This guide will break down how to create a sustainable, scalable marketing strategy. It will help you earn new customers and grow revenue for years to come.
13. The 5 Most Common Missing Elements of Email Campaigns
Email campaigns are still effective and you can improve your open rate and conversions by implementing these five elements in your own mail marketing campaign.
1: Email Personalization and Segmentation
2: Email Campaign Metric Tracking
3: Scheduling Emails
4: Send A Welcome Email
5: Email Marketing Strategy
14. Start a Private Label Business With Already-Proven Products
Private labeling is a great way to sell your own custom branded products without investing in product development. It allows you to sell merchandise without ever even touching the products themselves. With private labeling, you work with a third-party manufacturer to create your own custom branded products to sell for passive income.
15. 5 Secrets to Creating a Marketing Funnel That Converts
When it comes to marketing funnels, there are a lot of things to consider. And depending on your product or service, the sales funnel can be rather lengthy. Here are some tips on how to make the most out of your marketing funnel efforts.
1. Get clear on the goals of the funnel
2. Lay it out visually
3. Add a little spice
4. Simplify it
5. Write your funnel
16. 3 Tips for Successful Email Marketing in 2022
The onset of the Covid-19 pandemic brought about an email renaissance. As retailers pivoted to online sales and marketing strategies, email activity increased by 60 percent. Global email volume stayed at this elevated rate throughout 2021, increasing 14 percent from 2020 to 2021. Here are three tips to make sure your email marketing campaign stays a cut above the rest.
17. 5 Ways to Provide a Positive Customer Experience in Ecommerce
Ecommerce sales are expected to surpass $1 trillion this year and reach $5.1 trillion worldwide by 2026. One in three consumers says they will walk away from a brand they love after just one bad experience. To thrive in a market crowded with e-tailers, e-commerce companies must integrate customer-centricity into their DNA, operating with a focus on enhancing customer experience to create happy, satisfied, loyal customers.
1. Investing in a top-notch customer experience team
2. Leveraging customer service technology
3. Offering free shipping
4. Providing hassle-free returns and refunds
5. Optimizing for mobile
18. Turning Interest into Action: Breaking Down Marketing Funnels from Top to Bottom
Unpredictability is best avoided in business, so you must learn how to use each stage of the marketing funnel to your advantage as soon as possible. Here’s what you need to know about the marketing funnel.
19. Top 10 Digital PR Tools
It is important to be on top of the game when it comes to choosing the best tools for a digital PR campaign. Here are our favorites that help us with our content creation and outreach strategy. Read on to discover what digital PR tools can help boost your brand’s visibility and earn your website quality links.
5. Google Alerts
8. Google Analytics
9. Answer The Public
20. Marketing Strategy vs Tactics
Marketing is one of the most important aspects of running a small business. The terms marketing strategy and marketing tactic are often incorrectly used interchangeably. Understanding each one and their difference will help you develop a better marketing plan for your company’s identity, product, or service.
That’s it, folks. I hope you liked this Marketing Weekly roundup.
Talk with you again soon,