Greetings and welcome back to a new Marketing Weekly Roundup! As always, here is an overview of what went on this week in the digital marketing world, so make sure to check out these marketing insights, SEO tips, tactics, social media news. marketing insights and stories.
Now, let’s get into today’s marketing roundup.
1. How Long Did It Take to Get My First 10,000 Subscribers on YouTube?
There’s a simple tactic that’ll get you your first 10,000 YouTube subscribers. Neil Patel is going to break down how long it took him to get his first ten thousand subscribers and how you can too with one winning tactic.
2. Are You Making These B2B Marketing Automation Mistakes?
The excitement of moving into the sophisticated realm of automation gets marketers jumping in and playing with their shiny new tool as soon as they have access. Launching headfirst into something you’ve yet to fully understand actually costs time and money, rather than saving it. Here are six common mistakes made by B2B companies as they implement and use their chosen software, and how to avoid them.
1. Failing to plan
2. Not integrating with your CRM
3. Treating marketing automation tools like a glorified email marketing tool
4. Overlooking team training
5. Setting and forgetting
6. Not running regular audits
3. 6 Things You Need To Know About eCommerce
What is eCommerce? How does it work? And how can you get started? There are several steps involved in getting started with eCommerce. Read on to learn everything you need to know about eCommerce!
4. How to Start and Grow a Business: A Digital Guide for Young Entrepreneurs
Here are some tips that could help you, and by following these simple and effective strategies, you will be able to start or expand your startup or business at a young age.
1. Never search “How to make money”
2. Know your resources
3. How to get your first customers
4. How to get funding for your startup
5. How to Run Paid Ads on LinkedIn: A 7-Step Guide
With over 706 million members in more than 200 countries, LinkedIn is one of the most effective ways for B2B businesses to reach professionals. There are two main ways to approach LinkedIn — you can run paid advertising or you can post organic content. Discover how to create a campaign group, set your budget and targeting, and create your ad.
6. 5 Tips for Better Email Marketing
There are over 320 billion emails sent and received every day. Email marketing has a return on investment (ROI) of $36 for every $1 spent. 60 percent of consumers say they’ve made a purchase as the result of a marketing email they received. Learn how to better tweak your email strategies for better business marketing with these five tips,.
1. Utilizing Artificial Intelligence
2. Permission / Data privacy
3. Subject Line
4. User-Generated Content
5. Segmentation & Engagement
7. A Step-By-Step Guide to Advertising on TikTok
TikTok has over one billion active users in 2021. TikTok users aren’t just on the app for memes and dance challenges. One in four users globally have purchased or researched a product after seeing it advertised on TikTok. If you’re creating an online advertising strategy in 2022, you’d be remiss to overlook TikTok. Learn how to create your first ad campaign on Tik Tok, with advice from a major independent lingerie brand.
8. 7 Steps to Create a Complete Marketing Strategy in 2022
Keeping up with marketing trends in 2022 could be a full-time job. What worked for your marketing strategy in the past might not fly today. To help ease some of that uncertainty, this guide will show you step-by-step how to create a marketing strategy that leaves no stone unturned.
1. Build a marketing plan.
2. Create buyer personas.
3. Identify goals.
4. Select the appropriate tools.
5. Review your media.
6. Audit and plan media campaigns.
7. Bring it to fruition.
9. How Long Should a YouTube Video Be?
There isn’t a definitive answer, but this guide will walk you through how to determine the optimal length for your videos.
10. 10 Email Marketing Pet Peeves To Avoid In Your Next Campaign
Email marketing is a cost-effective way to reach a lot of people in a very short period of time. However, many companies rely on ineffective practices, like clichéd subject lines and recycled “limited-time offers”. These practices can be annoying to readers and cause your email to end up in the trash. Here are some email marketing pet peeves that you should avoid.
1. Neglecting to provide value
2. Using clickbait email subject lines
3. Selling constantly
4. Failing to research before reaching out
5. Forgetting to personalize
6. Sending emails too frequently
7. Disregarding preferences
8. Making content too company-focused
9. Breaking up text with no strategy
10. Sending daily newsletters
11. Free and Accessible Resources to Help You Master Digital Marketing
Having a strong online presence can mean the difference between a successful quarter and shuttering your doors for good. You can learn how to become a digital marketing expert from the comfort of your office or even at home. Let’s take a look at what digital marketing is, informal learning resources you can use, and free or affordable digital marketing options.
12. 6 Essential B2B Marketing Strategies That Will Grow Your Business
Salesforce’s State of Marketing report shows that 44% of B2B marketers have ‘completely changed’ their marketing channel mix since the pandemic began. Online marketing channels are diverse in their makeup and offerings, it can be overwhelming to know which direction to take your company. From social media management to content marketing, there is not one singular platform that handles it all. Here are six B2B marketing strategies that can help grow your business.
1. Lead Qualification Criteria and Management
2. Account Based Marketing
3. Thought Leadership Content
4. Segmented Email Marketing
5. Website Usability and Web Responsive Design
6. Prioritize Business Testimonials (and use them to make additional content)
13. How to Set Up Automated Email Marketing Workflows ( Examples)
Without email marketing automation, your marketing team is missing out on major opportunities to nurture and engage your target audience and existing contacts. Here are the reviews of email marketing automation and the tools you need to help you establish and maintain an email marketing strategy.
14. Leveraging Marketing for Business Growth
Survey: 22% of companies reported negative growth, another 25% reported no growth, and only 53% reported positive growth. Results are deeply concerning in a market that favors transformation, speed and scale. What steps can marketers take to help their companies grow and thrive in the ultra-competitive digital marketplace? Discover How marketing leaders design strategic growth initiatives.
1. Think Beyond Market Penetration
2. Consider Organic Growth Alternatives
3. Think Beyond the U.S.
4. Grow Market Share in China
5. Grow Internet Sales
6. Reap More Benefits From Social and Mobile Marketing
7. Move Into Adjacent Business Areas
8. Improve Company Apps
15. How to Build a Community on Social Media in 2022
Social media is great for sales, but it’s also great for building communities – and brands sometimes forget about what it’s really for. Find out why you should make building an engaged community for your brand a part of your digital marketing strategy – and how to do it.
16. 9+ Social Media Lead Generation Strategies You Need to Try
Creating a social media strategy is a powerful way to acquire fresh leads and potential customers, but it’s also one of the hardest digital marketing challenges. Here are some favorite social media lead generation strategies to generate leads and sales from your target audience.
1. Create High Converting Social Media Landing Pages
2. Launch Enticing Lead Magnet Offers
3. Run Referral Campaigns with Incentives
4. Share Reviews and Testimonials on Social Media
5. Run Social Media Ads with Exciting Offers
6. Host Live Virtual Event and Webinars
7. Use Video Marketing To Increase Engagement
8. Find On-Brand Conversations with Social Listening
9. Work with Social Media Influencers
17. How Conversion Funnels Create a Better Customer Journey & How to Optimize Yours
Discover what conversion funnels are and how they impact your customer journey. Then, you’ll learn how to optimize your funnel to increase the number of people who make it to your conversion point at the bottom.
18. Creative Marketing Ideas that Boost Engagement
With digital trends rapidly shifting, it’s important for brands to stay nimble and open to new ideas. A solid marketing campaign should offer your customers valuable information, food for thought, or a way to connect with others. Creating an engaging marketing campaign isn’t rocket science, it just takes a little research into your audience.
1. Identify Your Audience
2. Go Behind the Scenes
3. Utilize Trivia or Polls
4. Involve Your Customers
5. Run a Photo Contest
6. Collaborate with Experts
7. Partner with Aligned Brands
8. Capture the Zeitgeist
9. Develop Interactive Media Content
10. Explore Narrative Marketing
11. Post Relatable “Tag a Friend” Content
12. Create Content Optimized for SEO
19. What Is Shopify, How Does It Work, and What Can You Sell With It?
E-commerce platforms like Shopify help you with managing your website, shipping, and other processes associated with running an online store. In this guide, we explain what Shopify is, how it works, how much it costs, and what you can sell on it
20. The Top Three SEO Tips for Your eCommerce Business
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most effective tools for aspiring eCommerce entrepreneurs. The better their SEO optimization is, the greater the reach of their business and the rate of conversions. Read on to find the top three SEO tips to skyrocket your eCommerce business.
1. Work on Your Keyword Strategy
2. Optimize Your Product Descriptions & Category Pages
3. Don’t Try to Rank for Everything
That’s it for this week’s marketing roundup. Until the next one, have a wonderful weekend!