What began as a photo-sharing mobile app has grown into a diverse social media platform.
With over 1 billion users, roughly 60% of whom use the app daily, Instagram is the ideal platform for growing your audience and increasing brand awareness. In fact, 83 percent of Instagram users said they discovered new products or services through the app.
Do you want your brand to be seen by Instagram’s engaged user base? It’s simple to get started!
Follow these tips to get started on Instagram:
- Sign up for an Instagram Business or Creator account.
A Business or Creator account provides you with additional insights, analytics, the ability to advertise, and special profile benefits (such as contact info).
- Optimize your profile.
Take the necessary steps to optimise your profile so that people can easily find you in search and learn about your company by looking at it.
- Use a recognisable profile picture
- Have searchable username and name
- Select the appropriate category for your business
- And write an engaging, descriptive bio that includes your website and contact information.
3. Choose which hashtags to use for your posts. Hashtags aid in categorising your content. Each post can contain up to 30 hashtags. Choose at least one relevant hashtag to help users find your company.
4. Become acquainted with the various types of Instagram posts. On Instagram, you can share content and engage your audience in a variety of ways:
- Grid. Photos and videos from your profile are displayed in your grid. Captions for your posts can be up to 2,200 characters long. Keep in mind that your caption’s first two lines will appear before a “Read More” prompt. With this in mind, write the first two lines to be engaging or to pique the reader’s interest.
- Stories. Stories are photos or videos that vanish after 24 hours unless you add them to your profile highlights. You can post more frequently. More behind the scenes action.
- IGTV. IGTV is an acronym for “Instagram Video.” Vertical, longer-form videos can be posted to Instagram’s IGTV platform. These IGTV videos can also be seen on your grid and in your stories.
- Reels. Instagram Reels are 15-30 second vertical video clips that can be shared on your stories as well. These are a great way to engage your current audience.
- Reels. Instagram Reels are vertical video clips that last 15-30 seconds and can be shared on your stories as well. These are an excellent way to keep your current audience interested.
You can then create a content schedule for what to post on Instagram.
Types of Instagram content to post:
- Behind-the-scenes. Share content that takes your followers behind the scenes of your business.
- Motivational. Curate shareable, inspirational quotes that are consistent with your brand’s values and appeal to your target audience. Put your company’s branding on quote graphics you share on social media!
- Tutorial. Tutorials and how-tos help your customers in resolving specific issues. Tutorials are excellent examples of targeted marketing because you know that prospects who visit a tutorial are looking for a solution to a specific problem.
- Video. You can add video to Instagram in a variety of ways, including Instagram stories, 60-second grid videos, 15-30 second reels, and IGTV.
- User-Generated Content (UGC). Sharing posts from your followers (UGC) can be a great way to engage with those followers, build a relationship with them, and easily fill your content schedule!
- Case studies and testimonials. Real-life stories are used in this type of content to educate followers about your product or service. You can demonstrate your understanding of customer pain points by using real customer stories.
- Storytelling. This type of content tells the story of your company. Despite the fact that it is a story, there should be a lesson here. Storytelling Content that raises awareness and engages potential customers.
By balancing between these types of content, you hit many goals, including expanding your reach, connecting with your customer, and telling them about your business.
Overall, using visuals to humanise your company on Instagram.
There are dozens ways to expand your reach and market on Instagram. It’s a dynamic platform that allows you to connect with viewers and humanise your brand in a variety of ways!