Happy Friday everyone. My apology for not sending out Weekly Roundup last week. This was because my family and I were infected by Covid-19 last week. Even though I'm feeling better now, but still have a minor cough. So take precautions everyone since there are so many Covid-19 variants widespread out there.
Let’s hop into this week’s wrap-up. Carefully curated digital marketing news, insights, and actionable advice, delivered fresh every Friday.
1. How to Rank Higher on Google: 17 Strategies for 2022
Google search results have come a long way, and there are more opportunities to rank now than ever. Follow these 17 tactics to rank higher on Google and drive website traffic.
1. Target reasonable keywords
2. Check the keyword intent
3. Write long-form content about it
4. Do your on-page SEO
5. Target long-tail, question keywords
6. Make your information skimmable
7. Make explicit statements
8. Include meaningful visuals
9. Have a table of contents
10. Borify your meta titles
11. Get backlinks
12. Mine your search queries
13. Target how-to and tutorial keywords with videos
14. Target pages already ranking
15. Do a SERP analysis
16. Add Schema markup
17. Check your technical SEO
2. Three Social Media Strategies To Help Your Company Stay Ahead This Year
Businesses need an up-to-date omnichannel strategy that encompasses influencer marketing, user-generated content and all of the latest platforms and features. Here are three of the most effective social media strategies for 2022 and how you can implement them into your business.
1. Give creators the freedom to act as an extension of your marketing team
2. Utilize UGC by turning real customers into product evangelists
3. Go all in on TikTok
3. Can You Use SMS Marketing To Boost Your Sales?
SMS marketing is one of the most effective types of marketing – especially if you are a start-up or small business. Discover how you can use SMS marketing to boost your sales and drive more traffic to your website.
1. Send Out Coupons And Discounts
2. Send Out Reminders
4. Send Updates
5. Special Offers
6. Send Out Contests
4. 4 Strategies for Quickly Expanding Your Business
While there is no magic formula to retain old customers and gain new ones, there are ways that you can adopt to scale your business. Here are 4 ways to expand your business:
1. Create A Social Media Marketing Strategy
2. Optimize Your Website
3. Focus On Improving Customer Service
4. Engage With Your Customers
5. 5 Pitfalls to Avoid When Growing (or Scaling) a Business
Leaders who don't plan for the challenges that come with growth can succumb to certain pitfalls. A leader must possess the ability to be flexible and embrace change. Pitfalls can serve as bottlenecks that inhibit growth and, ultimately, ultimately inhibit success. Here are five key pitfalls to avoid when growing your business.
1. Not knowing how and when to scale
2. Clinging to certain daily responsibilities
3. Requiring every task and project to match your vision 100%
4. Forgetting your team has valuable perspectives
5. Assuming company culture will always stay the same as you grow
6. 4 Highly Effective Ways To Get More Leads Onto Your eMail List
An email list generates $36 in sales for every $1 spent, resulting in a mind-boggling ROI of 4,400%. Without the right lead capture mechanisms, you stand to lose out on potential sales. Check out these best practices that you can apply to maximize leads and grow your email list effortlessly. l
1. Mobile Friendly & Responsive Forms
2. Incentivizing Subscriptions
3. Use Pop-Ups
4. Gated Content
7. Six Steps To Optimise Lead Generation
Millions of businesses lose valuable time to ‘bad leads' that never convert. This is particularly challenging for marketers working for small and medium-sized businesses. Here are six strategies to help you maximise the profitability of your lead generation activities.
1. Prioritise quality over quantity
2. Grade your leads
3. Work together and agree key definitions
4. Track achievements
5. Learn from testing
6. Use CRM
8. 10 Common SMS Marketing Mistakes You Should Avoid
SMS marketing is one of the best marketing strategies any brand can use to engage with its audience and drive more sales. However, you should avoid these 10 common SMS marketing mistakes that can limit the effectiveness and success of your campaigns.
1. Sending Messages Without Consent
2. Not Sending a Welcome Text
3. Texting Outside Business Hours
4. Not Staying On Brand
5. Not Shortening Your URLs
6. Not Including a Call to Action (CTAs)
7. Sending More Messages Than Expected
8. Sending the Same Messages
9. Being Too Sales Focused
10. Not Focusing on SMS List Growth
9. You Need to Use Video Marketing for These 6 Powerful Reasons
Video marketing is one of the most powerful tools a business can use to reach its target audience. It is engaging, informative and can be used in a variety of ways to promote your business. Here are six reasons why you should start using video marketing today.
1. It boosts Conversions and Sales
2. It Drives Traffic to Your Website
3. It Increases Brand Awareness and Recognition
4. It Builds Trust and Credibility
5. It’s Cost-Effective
6. It Improves SEO Rankings
10. Top 15 Social Media Analytics Tools For Marketers
Nowadays, you can use a social media analytics tools to manage and track your social media campaign. And that makes your work fast and easy. Here are the top 15 social media analytics tools for you to consider.
2. Google Analytics
8. Sales Force Marketing Cloud
11. Sprout Social
12. Zoho Social
11. 7 Tips To Improve Your Auto Dealership’S Email Marketing Strategy
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective and results-oriented marketing tools available today. Here are seven tips to help you get the most out of your email marketing campaigns.
1. Keep your dealership email list clean and up-to-date
2. Personalize your dealership messages
3. Make sure your dealership emails are mobile-friendly
4. Use engaging content and visuals
5. Use an attractive and effective call-to-action
6. Test, test, test
7. Use automation for auto dealership emails
12. 5 Trends Shaping the Future of Franchise Local Marketing Right Now
The echo of the recent pandemic is still rumbling through the franchise industry. With twice as many store openings as closings during 2021, the store closing of 2020 has officially ended. Let's see what trends are hot and useful for franchise brands that expect growth in local sales.
Trend 1: Hybrid customer experience
Trend 2: Video for every platform and channel
Trend 3: Hyper-localization and personalization
Trend 4: Mobile apps for quick service
Trend 5: Stand out in local search
13. Boost Your Brand’s Social Media Presence with These Unique Ideas
With over 92% of marketers using social media to promote their offerings, your campaigns and posts can drown in the sea of information if they are not captivating enough. One of the best ways to keep your followers hooked is by giving them something to look forward to. Try out these unique ideas to keep your brand's social media feed fresh and exciting.
1. Develop a Weekly or Monthly Series
2. Share Video Content
3. Tutorials and How-to Content
4. Contests and Giveaways
5. Live Sessions
14. 5 Ways To Fix A Leaking Sales Funnel
B2B lead generation is a costly endeavor. If you have a leak at any stage within your sales and marketing funnel, it can be hugely wasteful. Here are five ways businesses can streamline their marketing and sales funnel to maximize conversions and reduce the cost of each lead.
1. Understand what it takes to convert a lead
2. Identify leaks using data, not opinion
3. Capture behavioral data too
4. Target long-tail keywords to boost lead quality
5. Test the small, but significant details
15. What Most Startups Get Wrong About Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is the key growth driver for most startups, making it essential for them to master this art. Here are some common mistakes many startuppers make when building a digital marketing strategy.
1. Investing in superficial vs. sustainable growth
2. Getting lost in the informational noise
3. Missing the key growth channels
4. Lack of relevant market and competitive insights
16. 13 Foolproof Methods For Leveraging Instagram To Its Fullest E-Commerce Potential
Instagram has become a surprisingly profitable storefront for e-commerce businesses. The platform offers features that can be used to connect with customers in entirely new ways. Discover how organizations can take full advantage of all that Instagram has to offer.
1. Be Active
2. Use Targeted Ad Campaigns
3. Create An Interactive Customer Experience
4. Adopt Tools Early
5. Get On Instagram Live
6. Connect With Your Audience
7. Leverage User-Generated Content
8. Highlight Satisfied Customers
9. Be Selective With Features
10. Repurpose Content From Other Platforms
11. Use Analytics To Drive Marketing Segmentation Strategies
12. Create Teasers
13. Drive Traffic To Other Sites
17. Keep These 4 Growth Strategies On Your Radar
Growth marketing strategies and tactics provide ways to sustain expansion beyond the acquisition stage. They are customer-centric and provide tangible value. Here are four you should keep on your radar.
1. Creating Compelling Content
2. Offering Free Tools or Platform Access
3. Leveraging Personalization
4. Implementing Referral Programs
18. How To Engage Niche Audiences at the Right Time
Niche audiences are essential for businesses to stand out and capture market share. But companies can overlook unique consumer groups and not know how to engage with them. Here are ways to connect with niche audiences at the right time to maximize profitability.
1. Build Customer Personas
2. Target General, Low-Volume Keywords
3. Use Email Strategically
4. Think Outside the Box
5. Finding Your Niche
19. 9 Actionable Link Building Tactics for 2022
Links still play a decisive role in achieving organic search visibility. Google has got very sophisticated at evaluating each link and deciding whether it needs to impact organic rankings. Ann Smarty shares her 9 best link-building tactics, which will help you get tons of high-quality backlinks.
1. Claim broken links
2. Give timely solutions
3. Explore co-citation links
4. Get included in trusted lists
5. Become a contributor to a high-authority publication
6. Get featured in interviews and podcasts
7. Add your info to business directories
8. Combine several tactics
9. Spy on your competitors
20. Being a Different eCommerce Business: It Doesn’t Mean Being Original
One of the hardest things any company can achieve in the modern day is originality. If you own an online store and you want to be different from everybody else, it's important to remember that originality is not necessarily the same thing as being different. Here are some practices that can keep you ahead of the curve.
1. Increase Trust
2. Be Quick To React
3. Provide a Variety of Payment Options
4. An Attractive Design
5. The Right Customer Service
6. Create an App
7. Deal With Shopping Cart Abandonment
8. Deliver What You Promised
That’s it for this week's marketing roundup. Until the next one, have a wonderful weekend!