Happy Friday everyone. Thank you for being part of this newsletter. Each week, I share tips, case studies, stories, and links from inside the digital marketing world.
Let’s get into today’s marketing roundup:
1. How To Leverage AI To Optimize Your Email Marketing Strategy
Artificial intelligence (AI) can be used to help you optimize your email marketing strategy. It can help you increase click-through rates and open rates, as well as improve subject lines and email automation. Here are some of the best examples of how you can use AI to optimize your emails for email marketing.
2. 13 Tips for Creating the Perfect Website Landing Page
A landing page is a single web page that can help any brand to grow. If you can create a well-designed landing page aimed at a specific goal, it’ll compel your audience to take action in favour of your company. Here are some foolproof tips for maximizing your conversion rates.
1. Create a Strategy Based on Your Target Audience
2. Avoid Distractions
3. Make Your Page Responsive
4. Use Simple Layouts
5. Focus on Readability
6. Include Video and Other Media
7. Write Compelling Copy
8. Keep the Forms Short
9. Focus on Your CTA
10. Increase Trust With Proof
11. Optimize Page Speed
12. Use Tactics for Re-Engaging Users
13. Include Promo Codes
3. Why Brands Must Focus On TikTok Now (And How)
The average time spent per user on TikTok is now higher than on YouTube in the U.S. and U.K., according to App Annie. So, if you were careful to take a dip into TikTok marketing at first, here’s how to do that.
4. How Can Social Media Be Effectively Used In ECommerce?
There are several ways that social media may benefit eCommerce businesses, from providing speedy customer support to expanding reach and notoriety. Discover how marketers can use social media marketing to aid their eCommerce operations.
1. Select the Correct Platforms and Use Them Wisely
2. Use Hashtags
3. Analyze Your Results
4. Create Engagement
5. How SaaS Companies Can Boost User Engagement With Video Marketing
Videos are used to grab the attention of prospects, persuade them to engage with the company, and keep communicating as they become customers. SaaS companies can use video marketing to improve their emails, make tutorial videos, spread awareness about their offerings, and promote their brand to capture leads. Here is how to get started with SaaS video marketing:
6. The Importance of Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is when a brand collaborates with an online influencer to market a specific product or service to a targeted audience or to help increase its brand awareness. This year, the influencer marketing industry is expected to grow to be worth $13.8 billion. For every $1 spent on Influencer marketing, businesses are making about $5.78 ROI. With this being said, it is important to understand how to create a successful marketing strategy. Here are some of the top tips on how to create a successful influencer marketing campaign.
1. Research, research research!
2. Set a budget
3. Develop goals and decide on a message
4. Review your campaign & make adjustments where necessary
7. 5 Essential Elements of a Converting Landing Page in 2021
The average conversion rate for brands across industries is a mere 5.86%. If you’re trying to convert leads into sales, you need more than a “good” design. You’ll want to create something phenomenal that would swoop your customers off their feet. Find out what you need to know about creating a converting landing page in 2021.
8. How To Get More Of The ‘Right’ Contacts On An Email Marketing List
Building a contact list is a key step company must take before they can launch email marketing campaigns. To create an effective list, marketers must first convince consumers to join it and then retain their attention. 15 members of Forbes Agency Council share their best tips for building a list that achieves the results they’re seeking.
1. Make It Opt-In Instead Of Opt-Out
2. Narrow Down Your Ideal Audience
3. Capture Addresses With Engagement Tools
4. Educate Target Audiences Through A Company Blog
5. Promote High-Value Content Via Digital Channels
6. Add A ‘Sign Up’ Call-To-Action Button On Facebook
7. Offer Existing Customers A Coupon To Sign Up
8. Know Your Audience To Customize Emails
9. Don’t Flood Inboxes With Repetitive Marketing
10. Produce Better Content
11. Leverage Giveaways And Referral Programs
12. Produce In-Depth Guides To Offer On Your Site
13. Attend Specialized Mixers Or Conferences
14. Communicate Directly With Decision Makers
15. Ensure Incentives Resonate With Target Customers
9. Ecommerce Copywriting 101: How to Write Words That Sell
Copywriting is a skill that most business owners haven’t spent time refining. But strong copywriting skills have the power to convince more readers to click, sign-up, or buy. Stellar copy helps potential customers envision how it feels to own a product. This guide shares the copywriting process you’ll need when writing any text for your ecommerce store.
10. 7 Tips For Engaging Consumers During The Holidays With Email Marketing
Many brands begin their holiday promotions in early November, so the good news is that there’s still time to refine your email marketing strategy and practices. Here are some best practices for email marketing to engage consumers, increase loyalty and sales.
1. Optimize deliverability
2. Exercise cross-border sensitivity
3. Build interactivity into the email
4. Allow sign-ups for notifications
5. Communicate potential issues
6. Don’t quadruple volume overnight
7. Align marketing channels
11. 3 Website Marketing Strategies Proven to Increase Conversions
To turn a website into a profitable marketing channel, you need to implement effective and sustainable marketing tactics. Here are 3 ecommerce techniques that are sustainable, cost-effective and easy to implement to help you increase conversions.
2. Email marketing
3. Content marketing
12. Mobile SEO: The Complete Guide for 2021
Today, 70% of all websites are on mobile-first indexing. So, if you want to rank on Google, your site MUST be mobile-friendly. Discover how to go mobile-friendly in 4 steps and secure high rankings for your site.
Step 1. Optimize loading times on mobile
Step 2. Let Google crawl everything
Step 3. Work on your mobile site’s UI & UX
Step 4. Implement Schema Markup
13. 7 Retail Strategies for Effective Cross-Selling and Upselling
Cross-selling and upselling are key strategies to bring in more revenue from customers, but how do you know if and when to implement them? How do you increase revenue effectively using these strategies? Let’s explore.
14. Be More Competitive this Holiday Season with these eCommerce Tips
Sellers must finalize their eCommerce strategies now or risk falling behind when November rolls around. Cost-per-click prices are already higher year-over-year and will likely only increase the closer we get to Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Sellers should expect to spend more this year to attract the same traffic levels as last year. Here are a few tips to improve their competitive position:
1. Don’t Wait to Set Your Holiday Objectives
2. Develop a Strategy Centered on Your Goals
3. Let Consumer Behavior Dictate Your Ad Spending
4. Use Holiday Specials to Incentivize Larger Shopping Carts
5. Stay Flexible Throughout the Season
15. Ultimate Guide To Partner Marketing
Marketing partnerships help you grow your business and brand. Let’s find out what partner marketing is and how you may benefit from it. We’ll also look at the various types of marketing partnerships to help you choose the best one for you. Follow the best practices highlighted here, you can use partner marketing to grow your business and brand or become a partner yourself.
16. 8 Recent (Important!) Google Ads Updates You Might Have Missed
Here are the latest and greatest Google Ads updates from the past month or two that you might have missed:
1. Changes in keyword matching behaviour
2. More automation for Display campaigns
3. Data added to the search terms report
4. The sunsetting of expanded text ads
5. The new “about this ad” page
6. A new travel ad type
7. New Google Shopping ad attributes
8. More attribution models for Display and YouTube campaigns
17. 6 Different Types of Creative Content Writers Should Know
Creative writing is content that has an emotional touch. Creative content writing gets used across blogs, magazines, newspapers, websites, novels, handbooks or newsfeeds. Let’s look at these six unique types of creative content that everyone should know.
1. Press release
2. Email writing
3. Ads scriptwriting
5. Video content
6. Podcast script
18. Video Marketing: The Definitive Guide (2021)
In this huge guide to video marketing, you’ll learn:
* How to create awesome video content
* How to promote your videos
* How to use videos to increase conversions
19. Top 10 Shopify SEO Apps & Tools to Supercharge Organic Rankings
SEO apps for Shopify can help your store appear more often and higher in organic search, and offer a better experience for customers. Here’s how.
1. Plugin SEO
2. Reload SEO
3. Tiny IMG SEO Image Optimizer
4. Schema Plus for SEO
5. SEO Images King
6. SEOMetriks Marketing Tools
7. Fire AMP
8. SEO HTML Sitemap
9. SEO JSON-LD Boost by Verge
10. Automizely Page Builder
20. 10 Ways To Turn Podcast Episodes into Great Blog Content (w/Examples)
Whether you’re creating a podcast, webinar or video, almost any recording can be turned into a blog post or article. Format decisions will influence how much or little your content resonates, so it’s worth making a considered choice. Here are 10 different article formats you can use to transform podcast episodes.
1. The Q&A
2. The List
3. The News Article
4. The As-Told-To
5. The Deep Dive
6. The Thought Leadership Piece
7. The Brain Dump
8. The Briefing
9. The How-To
10. The SEO Boost
That’s it for this week marketing roundup. Until the next one, have a wonderful weekend!