Hey there and welcome to the latest marketing weekly roundup. Here I share with you some of the latest top marketing blog posts, SEO tips, email marketing, social media marketing, and resources I’ve recently found online.
Now let’s dive into this week’s marketing roundup before we head into the weekend:
1. 110 Top SEO Tools That Are 100% Free
SEO tools provide data and alerts about the overall health and success of your website. It makes it easier for site owners to find what they need to do in order to stay on top of search engines. Here are 110 of the best free SEO tools you should be using.
2. 10 Best E-commerce Email Marketing Strategies You Should Start Using Now
There are plenty of e-commerce marketing channels available to grow your business, such as social media, PPC, SEO, and network marketing. Email marketing is one of the most profitable channels available. Here are 10 email marketing strategies that you can implement immediately for great results.
1. Start With a Welcome Series
2. Be Sure to Include a Clear Call to Action
3. Use Personalization to Segment Your List
4. Automate What You Can
5. Create a Dynamic Cart Abandonment Series
6. Perform Split Testing
7. Use Email to Encourage Engagement
8. Offer Exclusive Experiences and Rewards to Loyal Subscribers
9. Set Up Back In Stock or Wishlist Emails
10. Utilize Dynamic Content
3. 14 New and Updated Online Video Tools
Video is one of the best mediums for merchants to engage customers and prospects. And there are a variety of innovative video tools available for little or no expense. Here is a list of new and updated tools from video platforms and social media applications.
4. 5 Reasons Why Your E-Commerce Business is Tanking
How to craft long-term success when your e-commerce business is struggling. E-commerce doesn’t discriminate, it will beat you down and spit you out if you don’t get things right across every part of the business. Here are some of the reasons why your online business is tanking.
1. Your unit price is too high
2. Your niche is too small
3. Your ad costs are high
4. Poor product quality
5. Product imagery is poor
5. How to Create a Sales Funnel
Understanding what is a sales funnel and the various sales funnel stages is key to a sales team creating an effective conversion funnel. With that knowledge, small business owners are ready to design their own sales funnel that boosts sales and increases profits.
6. Email Design Best Practices for 2022
If you want to succeed with email marketing, you’ll need well-designed emails. Good email design isn’t just meant for visual appeal. It’s meant to help you build stronger relationships with your audience and sell more of your products. Here are some best email designs.
1. Earn trust with your sender name
2. Grab attention with the subject line
3. Add a punch through preheader text
4. Keep your email on-brand
5. Feature the offer in your header
6. Use images strategically
7. Use video to drive engagement
8. Pay attention to hyperlinks
9. Make your calls-to-action (CTAs) prominent
10. Don’t neglect the footer
11. Make your emails accessible
12. Use supported fonts
13. Craft compelling copy
14. Make your emails feel personal
15. Pick optimal email layout
16. Use responsive email design
17. Don’t neglect the dark mode
7. What is a Media Kit — and How to Make One
If you want to compete against your competitors, you’ll need a media kit. A media kit is a set of products and services that can help you increase brand awareness and sales. Here, we’ll explore what it is, and how you can get started with one. Plus, how to make one for your own brand – and how to use it to reach new audiences.
8. 7 Core Values Every Digital Marketer Must Have
Digital marketing is one of the most complex and analytical core business activities. Read on to know which essential skills you must possess to succeed as a digital marketer.
9. How to GROW your podcast audience with SEO in 2022
Optimizing your podcast’s SEO is an effective way to boost traffic and reach more listeners, but how does it work? Discover some of the best search engine optimization strategies and how to use them to grow your podcast!
10. Avoid These 4 Things When Building Online Brand Credibility
It takes time and dedication to build your company’s online credibility. You’ll regret taking shortcuts when someone sees what’s really behind the curtain. Here are four things you should avoid doing along the way.
1. Varnished Truths
2. Anything Ad Nauseam
3. Poor Context
4. Trendy Topics
11. Instagram Shops: Tips and Strategies
Instagram shops can serve as an additional storefront for your products. A mobile user who lands on your Instagram page with shops enabled can tap the “View shop” button. You can also highlight on this page promotional products or new arrivals. Here are some of the essential features and key selling strategies using Instagram shops.
12. The 11 Best Website Builders for Small Businesses
There are affordable website builders that cater to small businesses, and the process can be as simple or as involved as you’d like it to be. You’ll need to consider what the site will look like, how you’ll organize products on the page, and what pages and sub-pages you’ll create. That can be a lot to juggle on top of choosing a tool for actually building the website with. Let’s look at some of the top eCommerce platforms you can use to build your store:
2. Big Cartel
13. Which Instagram Story Formats Really Engage Viewers
Instagram Stories can provide great benefits related to audience engagement, brand awareness, and even purchase-related conversions. Discover what consumers said about their favorite Instagram Story formats and the trends marketers are noticing.
14. An 8-Step Guide to Efficient Content Planning for Social Media
You can have the best social media marketing strategy, but it won’t be successful without proper content planning. Content planning is more than choosing a photo, writing a caption, and scheduling it to post. Here are 8 steps anyone can do to plan effective, goal-crushing social media content.
Step 1: Plan themes for your content
Step 2: Brainstorm the campaign and post ideas
Step 3: Decide when you will post
Step 4: Decide on your content mix
Step 5: Assign responsibilities
Step 6: Write post captions
Step 7: Create (or source) design assets
Step 8: Schedule content in advance
15. How to Turn Any Email into a Product Recommendation Email
Product recommendation emails are a great way to promote your products and spark your users’ enthusiasm with just a couple of words. This post will teach you how to feature your products in almost any type of email and make them more useful and engaging for your users.
16. 7 Google Ads Mistakes That Are Squashing Your Success
The Google Ads platform offers a number of ways to customize your advertising campaigns to reach customers. With so many features and settings, it’s all too easy to be running a suboptimal strategy and not even know it. Here are seven costly mistakes businesses make in Google Ads.
1. Using the wrong (or no conversion actions)
2. Pairing Smart Bidding with the wrong goal
3. Auto-applying recommendations
4. Using only broad match keywords
5. Neglecting negative keywords
6. Not having an ad copy testing strategy
7. Underfunding your campaigns
17. How To Schedule Instagram Posts? The Ultimate Step By Step Guide Of 2022
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Making sure that your followers or audience always stays up to date with your feed is important. Discover how can you schedule your Instagram posts!
18. How To Craft Highly Shareable Social Media Content: 15 Top Tips
Social media users are always on the lookout for something special, funny, or impactful to share with their own friends and followers. Every brand wants their latest social post to be shared far and wide, increasing their share of voice. Here are top tips from experts for crafting highly shareable content that their social media followers will be excited to help distribute.
1. Remember That Your Content Is Not For You
2. Run ‘Always On’ Content As You Would A Streaming Show
3. Use Headlines Promising Something New To Love Or Hate
4. Utilize Influencers And Storytelling
5. Provide Education On A Trending Topic
6. Utilize Bright Visuals And Short Posts
7. Make It Relatable
8. Leverage The Power Of Trends
9. Have A Strong Hook, Graphic And Call To Action
10. Be Funny
11. Incorporate Three Factors
12. Think Of Each Piece Of Content As A Story
13. Be In The Moment
14. Lean Into Motivations Associated With Each Platform
15. Start A Conversation
19. A Beginner’s Guide to the B2B E-Commerce Model
The thought of running a business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce company might seem overwhelming. This guide covers what you need to know about the B2B model. It also provides tips, strategies, and answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
20. 5 Ways to Drive Traffic and Sales with Short Videos
People no longer have the patience for long-form content and are looking for short, digestible videos, preferably under 3 minutes. Adopting a video marketing strategy based on short video content not only allows you to give your audience what they want but also helps you get across your message in a more effective manner. Here are 5 ways to drive more traffic and sales to your business with short video content.
1. Hire Influencers to Create Short Video Content
2. Run Ads with Short Video Content
3. Ask Your Customers to Create Short Video Content
4. Add Short Video Testimonials and Product Videos to Your Website
5. Repost Your Short Video Content to all Social Media Platforms
That’s it for today’s marketing weekly roundup. Until the next one, have a wonderful weekend!