Welcome to the marketing weekly roundup of noteworthy digital marketing insights, tips, and trends for this week. This weekly roundup features the latest marketing insights, SEO tips, tactics, and social media news in the industry.
Let’s check out this week’s roundup:
1. How LinkedIn Social Listening Can Grow Your Brand
LinkedIn is an insights goldmine with more than 850 million members. LinkedIn social listening can help you surface more insights with org-wide benefits. Discover what is LinkedIn social listening and how to use social listening tools to boost your B2B strategy.
2. How to Get More Social Media Views
Using social media can be one of the most successful ways to improve the reach of your business. It can gain more sales and conversions, as well as help to improve your brand recognition and create stronger brand awareness. Here are 5 ways to increase the number of views that your social media posts get.
1. Make Your Content Accessible to Everyone
2. Use the Right Channels
3. Adapt Your Content for the Channel
4. Post Consistently
5. Post-High-Quality Content
3. Everything You Need to Know about Omnichannel Marketing
The customer journey to make a purchase has evolved over the years. Businesses in many industries are leveraging omnichannel marketing to boost their business. Find out everything you need to know about omnichannel marketing as a B2B seller.
4. 7 Ways Ecommerce Businesses Use Alternative Data In 2022
Alternative data can help businesses gain a more significant market share by helping them understand their customers better and make more informed purchasing decisions. Here are 7 ways eCommerce businesses can use alternative data:
1. Gain product and service insights
2. Obtain demographic information
3. Track brand mentions
4. Refine SEO and content marketing strategy
5. Expand locations and optimize operating hours
6. Predict consumer demand
7. Monitor trends
5. Contextual Targeting on Social Media: Why You Need It
Contextual targeting on social media can be complicated. This guide shows you how to do social media ad targeting that you can carry into your paid social advertising and organic social media efforts.
6. Branding vs. Brand Identity: Five Key Differences and How to Do Both Effectively
Business branding and brand identity are not one and the same. There are five key differences between the two, and we’ll explore them in more detail.
1. Your brand identity is tangible
2. Branding is an action
3. Your brand is (in part) your tone of voice
4. Branding is an action verb
5. Design is the basis of brand identity
7. Why Storytelling Is Important for Social Media
When increased revenue and new business are key goals for your marketing team, you need a reliable strategy for generating sales on social media. With brand storytelling, you can capture your audience’s attention and convert customers. Discover why storytelling is important for social media and learn how to share your brand story effectively.
8. 9 Tips for More Effective B2B Demand Generation, Lead Generation, Marketing & Sales
Generating quality leads is the backbone of an excellent B2B marketing strategy. Establishing a strong pipeline will help ensure that you maintain a steady growth rate. Experts say that using a combination of demand and lead generation is generally the best way for developing a marketing plan. Here are 9 tips for more effective demand generation and lead generation in B2B marketing.
1. Content Marketing
2. Social Media Marketing
3. PPC – Pay-Per-Click
4. Use the Godfather Strategy to Build Your Email List
5. Using FOMO to Increase Your Conversion Rate
6. Use Intent Popups or Slide-in Opt-ins on Key Pages
7. Asking Questions to Get a 50% Conversion Rate
8. Gain Trusted Backlinks
9. Get Creative with Cold Emails
9. Get On A Billion Wish Lists: Download Tiktok’s Free Holiday Playbook
TikTok has launched a new, 17-page holiday marketing guide. The guide provides an overview of key engagement stats around seasonal events. It also offers checklists for planning, explainers on TikTok’s various ad options, and more. Download this guide today to understand how you can tap into the power and growth potential of TikTok.
10. 10 Trusted Ecommerce Tips To Reduce Abandoned Carts & Increase Sales
The average shopping cart abandonment rate across all industries in 2022 is approximately 69.99%. Here are 10 eCommerce tips to reduce shopping cart abandonment and help you maximize sales.
1. Automatically Remind Shoppers To Finish Checkout With Abandoned Cart Campaigns
2. Provide Multiple Payment Methods To Make Checkout Easier
3. Be Transparent About Shipping Fees & Taxes
4. Offer Guest Checkout To Make Shopping Hassle-Free
5. Promise & Promote Fast, Secure Checkout
6. Use Trust Symbols To Make Your Shopper Feel Safe
7. Use Progress Bars In The Checkout Process
8. Use Strong, Unique CTAs During Checkout
9. Let Shoppers Save Their Cart For Later – With Checkout Reminders
10. Optimize Your Page Load Speed
11. How To Build An Online Community Around Your Startup
Community-Led Growth (CLG) is the process of creating enthusiastic customers who promote your product and recommend it to others. The community enables and improves customer acquisition, streamlines support and success, bolsters retention, and provides crucial product insights. #BDTalks explored how to build an online community around a startup.
12. Influencer Marketing Can Help Brands Do More For Less
Marketing budgets are tighter this year as a direct result of the economic downturn, It’s time to get creative and find ways to re-invest those marketing dollars more strategically, to generate a bigger impact for a smaller budget. Increasingly, brands are turning to influencer marketing. With creators, brands are able to create authentic content in formats that are truly native to the platforms. Here are four ways to maximize influencer marketing spending in 2022 and beyond.
1. Refocus your energy on the creator “middle class”
2. Pay for actual results, not for posts or partnerships
3. Give creative control back to the creators
4. Build a targeted, audience-first influencer marketing strategy
13. Email Signature as an Email Marketing Tool and How To Create a Perfect One
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy that uses email as a business boost tool. A good email signature is like a good handshake: it should be brief, professional, and leave a lasting impression. Here are some of the best email signature examples as well as tips and ideas on how to create the perfect one.
14. 10 Best Brand-To-Brand Partnership Ideas
When it’s done right, B2B (Brand to Brand) partnership can increase your ROI, convert new leads and build long-term relationships. Here are 10 different types of brand-to-brand partnerships you can test:
1. Email Campaigns
2. Social Media Collaboration
3. Flyer Inserts
4. Sample Inserts
5. Advertising Spot on the Website
7. Co-branding a Product or Content
8. Featured Blog
9. Co-Hosting a Webinar / Podcast
10. Sponsor a Thank you Page
15. A Guide To Long-Form Content
Long-form content is all about creating engagement, not length. Discover how to use and repurpose long-form content to gain authority in your industry.
16. The Ultimate Recipe For Writing SEO Optimized Content
In SEO, content is king. The importance of content has never been devalued by Google. However, the importance of quality content tends to become an increasingly important ranking factor. Here are 9 tips for writing a good SEO-optimized content:
1. Incorporate a reasonable number of keywords into your post
2. Sprinkle everything with a title – meta description
3. Structure the post with explicit Hn tags
4. Bring back the images with a good dose of alt tags
5. Season with relevant content
6. Serve everything accompanied by semantic keywords
7. Soak your content in a bath of interlinks
8. Use bold and italic (HTML) to highlight your keywords
9. Keep it fresh and enjoy!
17. How To Use Relevant, Targeted Directories For Link Building
78% look up local businesses at least once a week or more. Listing your business on a relevant online directory is one of the best ways to build high-quality links back to your site. and boost traffic and sales. Discover how to build links with targeted online directories.
18. 10 Strategies To Improve Sales Lead Conversion Rates
If you want to boost the effectiveness of sales funnel optimization, it’s crucial to gather data, decipher it and dig even deeper to determine the needs of your target audience. Here are 10 ways to hone your sales approach.
1. Establish an understanding of the buyers’ needs
2. Determine the larger impact
3. Develop active listening skills
4. Remain authentic and trustworthy
5. Treat others with respect
6. Go the extra mile
7. Decipher the data, correctly
8. Implement negative selling techniques
9. Focus on the current opportunity
10. Lean on your network
19. How to Scale Twitter Ads
If you’re getting great results from a Twitter campaign, you have tons of options to take your ads to the next level. Discover how to scale your Twitter ads successfully so you can reach more of your target audience and achieve your marketing goals more effectively.
20. 9 Types of Lead Magnets That Will Quickly Grow Your Email List
A lead magnet is a piece of content that’s designed to capture a user’s attention and persuade them to sign up for your email list. Here are nine types of lead magnets that you can use to quickly grow your email list:
1. Free trial
2. A fun quiz
4. Case study
5. A contest or giveaway
6. A downloadable template
7. Coupons or discounts
8. Access to exclusive content
9. A free consultation
I hope you enjoy reading this Weekly Roundup. If you think that this weekly roundup is helpful, please forward or share it with your colleagues and other business associates to keep up to date with the fast-moving digital world!
PS: With AWeber Pro, you’ll have automation, customer segments, and A/B testing to help you grow your business in the new year. Check it out now.