Welcome to the latest Marketing Weekly Roundup! You can end your week with some of the most interesting marketing insights, SEO tips, tactics, and social media news and stories from the digital marketing world, that I carefully gathered and summarized for you.
Here’s the roundup of the top things to know in the digital marketing world this week, hand-picked just for you:
1. How to Improve Headlines: 7 Tips for Headline Writing
Headlines play a significant role in every piece of content and copy. By using catchy headlines and subheadlines, you’ll be able to capture attention. Here are 7 tips on how to write great headlines and which type of headlines you should be writing.
1. Use stats or numbers in your headlines
2. Turn reviews into headlines
3. Focus on the value your article or content is providing
4. Work with your audience’s short attention span
5. Try different headline formulas
6. Choose your words carefully
7. Use a headline analyzer to make sure you’re on the right track
2. YouTube Publishes New Guide to Utilizing YouTube Shorts
YouTube has published a 31-page overview of YouTube Shorts. It covers everything from creating your video clips, to editing, to trend tips, analytics, and more. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights from the ‘Shorter Side of YouTube’ guide below.
3. The Beginner’s Guide to Email Automation: Campaign Ideas and Tips (2022)
Email marketing automation is a powerful customer retention tool for online retailers. Retail, e-commerce, and consumer goods businesses earn an average of $45 for every dollar invested. Here are some automated email campaigns that nearly every eCommerce business can benefit from implementing.
1. Abandoned cart email series
2. Welcome email series
3. Email nurture series
4. New customer email series
5. Repeat customer email series
6. eCommerce email receipts
7. Re-engagement email series
8. Product inventory updates
9. Survey or feedback emails
4. How To Run A Successful Webinar To Market Your Small Business
Webinars are a great way to reach potential customers and promote your products or services. They can also help convert prospects into sales and keep your existing client base engaged. Discover how to run a successful webinar to market your small business.
5. How to Plan Content Strategy for Global Markets
Creating content strategies for your global markets is the key to the expansion of your local approach and benefits your international audience. Here are some strategies for planning content for global markets.
1. Identify Your Audience Plus Their Locality
2. Employ Cultural Competence
3. Connect With Local, Recognizable, and Relatable Figures
4. Identify an Appropriate Channel
5. Take Advantage of Paid Social Media Campaigns
6. Use Specialized Tools
7. Define Local and Global Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
6. How To Find Private Label Products and Start Selling (2022)
With private labeling, you work with a third-party manufacturer to create your own custom-branded products. Private labeling is great for people and brands that already have established audiences. In this guide, you’ll learn what private labeling is and some of the best private label products.
7. 10 More Common Email Marketing Mistakes — And Solutions
Email marketing is a complex web of tactics and strategies, and it’s easy to make mistakes. Here are 10 more common email marketing mistakes with fixes.
1. Allowing Errors to Slip Through
2. Not Setting Default Values for Personalization
3. Using a No-Reply Email Address
4. Not Using Responsive Email Design
5. Using a One-Size-Fits-All Send Time
6. Only A/B Testing Your Broadcast Campaigns
7. Ignoring the Natural Rate of Return
8. Not Sending Your Welcome Email Immediately
9. Sending Your Email in the Wrong Language
10. Not Optimizing for Dark Mode
8. Google Ads Conversion Tracking: The Complete (& Easy) Guide
Tracking your Google Ads campaign’s conversion is essential for any successful paid media strategy, so taking the time to set up conversion tracking is well worth it. Discover how to set up and track your Google Ads conversion so you can improve your campaigns and maximize your ROI.
9. Five Best Practices in Text Marketing
SMS marketing is an underestimated marketing tool in today’s age. Almost half of the respondents in a survey admitted to spending 5-6 hours on their phones. 95% of your text messages are likely to be opened and read. Read on for the best practices when it comes to text marketing.
1. Get the User’s Permission
2. Create a Welcome Message for New Customers
3. Offer a Free Gift with Every Lead
4. Be Proactive with Your Text Marketing
5. Respond to Every Text in Real-Time
10. Best 5 Designs You Should Try For Your eCommerce Site
Over 70% of a website’s credibility and first impressions stem from its design. If you do it right, sales and customer growth can increase. Here are some of the best eCommerce website design examples from multiple industries, including the key takeaways to implement in your eCommerce business.
11. Engage the Audience You Want With These Ecommerce Tips
For anyone making a living selling goods online, the competition can be stiff. Here are 11 eCommerce tips to help you engage and grow your online store
1. Prepare for some competition
2. Don’t sleep on your website
3. Create a FAQ page for your “why”
4. Be thoughtful in your email marketing strategies
5. Build an eCommerce funnel
6. Experiment with social media platforms
7. Organically grow ad spend
8. Take notes on competitors
9. Tap alternative marketing tools
10. Schedule product drops
11. Play with promotions
12. Getting Started With the Metaverse
Discover where you can create metaverse experiences, what types of experiences to build, and where to learn the skills you’ll need to succeed.
Social network Meta shares how its video distribution algorithms work and how to optimize them. Here are the key factors that Meta takes into consideration are:
2. Capture and retain attention
3. Loyalty and intent
14. What Is Quality Content?
There are a lot of buzzwords like 10x content or skyscraper content, but all you need to do is to make something better than what exists. Learn what it takes to create quality content that is helpful for users, ranks well in the SERPs, and surpasses the competition.
15. 12 Facebook Marketing Tools to Help You Scale
Facebook is the largest and most popular social network in the world. 71% of social consumers anticipate using Facebook within the next 12 months. Marketing tools for Facebook can be tricky to choose from, but here are some worth a try-dubbing.
1. Sprout Social
2. Facebook Creator Studio
7. Active Campaign
11. Facebook Commerce Manager
12. Lately AI
16. Unleash The Power Of Your Data And Improve Your Marketing
Data is a vital part of marketing, yet its worth is increasingly questioned. Marketing strategist Rebecca Fell explains why it’s such an important asset and why it should be leveraged in creative campaigns.
17. 5 Ways To Advertise Your Small Business Online Without Breaking The Bank
Advertising your business online can help you grow your online presence and increase sales. 17 percent of small businesses have seen an increase in sales due to their online presence. Here, Superfast Business Wales looks at five ways you can effectively market your small business online.
1. Get blogging
2. Email marketing
3. Pay Per Click (PPC)
4. Facebook Ads
5. Google My Business
18. What is TikTok Creator Next?
TikTok launched TikTok Creator Next, the gateway to all the platform’s monetization features and tools. Discover what TikTok Creator Next is, how it’s different from the TikTok Creator Fund, and how it can help brands find creators.
19. 11 Best Skills To Learn To Make Money Online
In 2020, the internet economy generated 17 million jobs in the U.S. Here are 11 of the best skills you should learn in order to start a side hustle or freelancing.
1. Web Development
2. Adobe Illustrator
4. Audio Editing for Podcasts
5. Voice Modulation
6. Virtual Assisting
7. Social Media Marketing
8. Affiliate Marketing
9. Merch by Amazon
10. Amazon Self-Publishing
11. Freelance Consulting
20. Guide To Develop A Highly Successful Online B2B Marketplace
The B2B wholesale market has significantly grown over the last few years. Many b2b companies are looking to develop their own online marketplace. It’s not an easy decision, but several factors need to be considered before deciding whether or not to build one. This guide will introduce you to the basics of developing an online B2B marketplace.
Until the next marketing roundup, have a wonderful weekend!
If you’d like to suggest your favorite digital marketing content to be considered for an upcoming weekly roundup, please let me know.