As an advertiser, you want to share an idea that wakes people up and pushes them to take action. “Made to Stick” takes a deep dive into how to turn your ads into something people discuss at the dinner table.
Here are the six principles their findings are based on:
- Simple – cut to the chase and get right to your core idea
- Unexpected – grab attention by doing something that’s never been done before
- Concrete – make your ad memorable by painting a picture people can imagine
- Credible – give your ad credibility by showing rather than telling
- Emotional – be personable and show what’s in it for the audience
- Stories – inspire people and get them excited